The areas in the work space that have the biggest impact on Worker Comfort and Ergonomics are:
- Ergonomic Chairs
- Well Designed Work Stations
Whilst redesigning your office in Riverside, San Diego, Orange County or Los Angeles can insert energy and life into a company and its employees, it might be costly. At the very least, ensure that you have a good Ergonomic chair. Factors to consider when selecting an Ergonomic Chair:
- All ergonomic chairs are not the same and prices can vary from $100 to $600+. Spend as much as you can afford to ensure that you purchase the best, most comfortable ergonomic chair for you. Remember, you get what you pay for.
- Look for the most adjustable features. This will make it easier to adjust the chair to your body type.
- Select a chair where the size and shape of the seat cushion and back rest matches your body size. Ergonomic Chairs will have seat measurements available as part of the specifications.
- Ensure that the height and tilt of the seat cushion is adjustable. Adjustable tilt of the seat cushion is a feature that usually only ergonomic chairs come with. Setting the seat cushion tilt to a comfortable position allows for even greater versatility than height adjustment by itself.
- An ergonomic chair will also allow you to adjust the depth, or tilt, of your back support cushion. When sitting for long hours at the computer, an adjustable back rest can mean the difference between comfort and back pains.
- Look for an adjustable chair arms feature – to ensure optimizing the ergonomic angles when seated. Your chair should be an extension of your Work Surface. A good chair will always include at least a 5 year manufacturers warranty on component parts such as control mechanisms, pneumatic cylinders, wood, plastic parts, base and casters. Less expensive brands end up costing you more in the long run, between chair replacement and your own personal discomfort and lack of productivity.
According to OSHA, a chair that is well-designed and appropriately adjusted is an essential element of a safe and productive workstation. A good chair provides necessary support to the back, legs, buttocks, and arms, while reducing exposures to awkward postures, contact stress, and forceful exertions.
CA Office Furniture & Design provides Ergonomic Evaluations on individual workstations as well as Space Planning and Design to improve the working conditions of employees. Feel free to visit our Virtual Showroom to see our Focus Range of Ergonomic chairs or please contact your local CA Office Furniture & Design Sales or Service Representative.