Why Office Furniture Installation in Irvine, Los Angeles, Corona, Riverside, Rancho Bernardo or San Diego is as important as the furniture itself!
Proper office furniture installation of your new furniture is every bit as important as selecting the right pieces for your office space. Nothing creates headaches faster for employees than improperly installed furniture systems.
The Installation point is where all aspects of your move, remodel or addition come together. After the intricate selection process, your shiny new cubicles or the antique heirlooms in your executive office are finally going to find a new home in Irvine, Los Angeles, Corona, Riverside, Rancho Bernardo or San Diego.
Do not try to make up your budget overrun on the installation cost. Make sure you use a professional installation crew. The best option is to use installers employed by your furniture vendor and not a subcontractor that you have no control over or recourse on when things go wrong (and they will go wrong)!
- 1. Get Ready: - Plan for the Big Day - be sure to consider these factors:
- a. How is the remodel or new construction proceeding? These projects are fraught with delays, so you or your dealer's project manager should stay in close touch with your contractor or the building management to get a realistic move-in date. If you can afford to hold off a little bit, building a contingency time into your schedule is a good idea and will reduce your stress level when incorporating your new office furniture.
- b. Next, consider the availability of the cubicle systems furniture. The manufacturer usually quotes a shipping date from the factory, which your dealer can use to estimate the time of arrival and any pre-preparation work that needs to be done prior to install. Be aware that unforeseen occurrences could delay the delivery of your office furniture (the fabric for your office in Irvine, Los Angeles, Corona, Riverside, Rancho Bernardo or San Diego normally comes from the East Coast, and weather and transport issues can easily effect it).
- c. Coordinate the move with the needs of your business. If you are moving to a new location, working with the installer or moving company to determine the time it will take to pack-up and move your office is necessary. At this time, you want to start to prepare your staff for the move. They should go through their existing cubicles and desks to recycle or dispose of anything that they will not need to move to make way for the new cubicles.
- d. Set a Logistics Meeting, with all of the sub-contractors present - that is the best way to insure that everything will be well coordinated. Careful coordination between the Furniture Vendor, the Telephone Company, Internet Provider, IT department and the Electrician is critical in order to minimize the disruption to your business operations. A logistics meeting, with all of the parties present, is the best way to insure that everything will be well coordinated.
- At this meeting, the team reviews project installation drawings, specifications and realistic commitment for each element of the installation.
- Many of the bigger landlords (like the Irvine Company) have very strict regulations and will only allow contractors to deliver and install after 5:00pm & before 7:00am.
- Ensure that you obtain Insurance Certificates from all your contractors in time, or else they will not be allowed onto the premises.
- Look at where the furniture is being delivered - Is there a loading dock? If not, then the installer must bring a truck with a hydraulic gate.
- How big are the doorways and what are is the best path for entry?
- Where will the packaging of the panels, work surfaces and files be broken down and removed from the building? Be sure to ask your dealer to recycle the cardboard used to protect the cubicles systems from damage.
- Your dealer and the building management will make sure that the building is protected during the cubicle installation process to be sure that your new office furniture as well as the newly painted walls and tiled floor continue to look new. Make sure they provide adequate floor covering:
- To protect the floor (to prevent them from cracking or else you will have replace tiles.
- As well as the carpet - heavy dollies will stretch the carpet and this can be very costly to replace (especially after you have had your cubicles installed).
- Protect the elevator - to prevent scratches, or else the landlord will be all over you.
- 2. Get Set: Scheduling and Tracking
- 3. Go: Cubicle Installation
- Use a professional moving company like CA Office Furniture & Design to relocate your furniture to the new location. They are experts at moving not only General Office Furniture, but also Office Cubicles.
- Upon completion, the (CFD) Project Manager will do a walkthrough inspection with you to make sure that everything is as ordered and installed as per the Layout Drawings (prepared by CFD's Space Planning & Design Team as part of the Relocation Service that they offer.).
- Any items that are not quite right will be added to a "Punch List" of items to be corrected.
- Critical replacements can be made in a few days to a week while others might take longer.
- This is also the time that you can see exactly what the cubicle system and any other office furniture that you ordered actually looks like and how it will function.
- Work with your (CFD) Project Manager to make any last minute additions at this point.
Cubicle or Furniture Installation is a big project and you will need to do a walkthrough of your building with your dealer and the building management:
Your office furniture dealer will set up a project schedule and keep careful track of how everything is proceeding. Adjustments in one area will often drive necessary changes in others. They will advise you of when your staff will need to be packed up and ready to move. Remember to let both customers and your staff know of any disruptions to electrical, telephone and IT services before or during the move itself.
On moving day, concern yourself only with the impact of the move on your business and how to get people operational as quickly as possible:
When the initial cubicle furniture installation is done to specifications, its time to sign off, and move into your beautiful and efficient new Offices or Cubicles, knowing that it had been done professionally and that your only concern is how to get your business back to being fully operational.
The Installation Teams at CA Office Furniture & Design can install Herman Miller, Hon, Haworth, Knoll, Kimball, Steelcase, Teknion, Furniture (to name but a few). We are experts in furniture systems, and can install either new cubicles, refurbished cubicles, used cubicles, or existing pieces that you would like to relocate.
CA Office Furniture & Design has an outstanding industry reputation for Office Furniture Installation Services in Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County and San Diego County - thanks to the proven process as described above that we follow.
Contact your CA Office Furniture & Design sales executive today to discuss your installation needs for any new or existing products in your workspace or e-mail us for more information.
We specialize in all Office Furniture Services, including:
- Space Planning and Design
- Project Management
- Office Relocation
- Office Reconfiguration
- Office Furniture Installation
- Telephone Systems and Cabling Installation
- Ergonomic Evaluations
- Office Furniture Rentals
- Project Financing
- Furniture Recycling / Buy Back programs
CA Office Furniture & Design is an Independent Contract Furniture Dealership focused on supplying cost effective turnkey solutions to Relocating and Expanding Businesses, anywhere in Southern California. We have Space Planning, Design and Specification Teams supported by Office Relocation Teams, experienced Cubicle Manufacturing and Cubicle and Cabling Installation Groups that can satisfy your New Office Furniture, Refurbished Office Furniture and Used Office Furniture, Office Relocation or Expansion needs.
Products & Services include:
Office Space Planning and Design, Office Layouts, Cubicle Layouts and Cubicle Design, Relocation Project Management, New or Used Office Furniture, Used or Refurbished Cubicles. Office Desks, Office Chairs, Space Chairs, Task Chairs, Visitors Chairs, Lobby Chairs, Conference Chairs, Ergonomic Chairs, Desk Chairs, Training and Nesting Tables and Chairs, Filing and Storage Systems, Reception Desks, Reception Stations, Veneer or Laminate Conference Tables, Telemarketing Cubicles, Call Centers, Reception & Lobby Furniture, Modular Offices and Modular Walls, Executive Office Furniture, Executive Chairs and Cubicle Chairs, Office Cubicles, Office Walls, Panel Walls, Modular Panels, Meeting or Lunchroom Tables, Metal Desks, L Shaped Desks, Laminate Desks, Storage Desks, Reception Stations, Storage Cabinets, Utility Cabinets Lateral Files, Steel Storage, Filing Cabinets, Metal Files, Metal Storage, 2 Drawer Lateral, 3 Drawer Lateral, 4 Drawer Lateral, 5 Drawer Lateral Files.
Focus Areas Include:
LA County: Agoura Hills, Alhambra, Arcadia, Azusa, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Burbank, Calabasas, Carson, Cerritos, City of Industry, Commerce, Compton, Covina, Culver City, Diamond Bar, Downey, Duarte, East Los Angeles, East Pasadena, El Monte, El Segundo, Florence, Gardena, Glendale, Glendora, Hawthorne, Hollywood, Hyde Park, Inglewood, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Lynwood, Manhattan Beach, Montebello, Monterey Park, Norwalk, Paramount, Pasadena, Pico Rivera, Pomona, Redondo Beach, Santa Monica, South Gate, South Los Angeles, South Pasadena, Torrance, West Covina, West Hollywood, Willowbrook
Orange County: Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Dana Point, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Orange, Placentia, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Tustin, Westminster, Yorba Linda
Riverside County: Corona, Hemet, Lake Elsinore, Moreno Valley, Murrieta, Norco, Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Perris, Riverside, San Jacinto, Temecula, Wildomar
San Bernardino County: Chino, Chino Hills, Fontana, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Redlands, San Bernardino, Upland
San Diego County: 4S Ranch, Camp Pendleton, Carlsbad, Del Mar, Encinitas, Escondido, Fallbrook, La Mesa, Oceanside, Poway, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, San Marcos, Solana Beach, Vista